Why We are Republicans:
What makes us different from Democrats or other parties? We believe:
- Individual ability, dignity, freedom & responsibility are basic to good government.
- Free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative and incentive produce a strong economy.
- Equal rights, justice and opportunity belong to all.
- The preservation of our nation and security of our citizens depend on every citizen’s respect for the Constitution, the law and the courts.
- Government exists to protect the freedom of the individual, not restrict it.
- Government should only get involved in the things which people can’t do well themselves.
- Both government and society should assist people who can’t provide for themselves. It should help them become self-supporting, productive citizens who pride independence.
- No man has the right to live off the fruits of another man’s labor.
- Government must maintain sound money and a responsible economy. The rights of life and liberty are meaningless if citizens are deprived through excessive taxation, inflation and government waste.
- World peace and friendship will continue through strength.
Some Content on this page is provided by the National Teenage Republicans